Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

I'm heading out the door to go and celebrate the USA independence with a bunch of South Africans (us immigrants!) but before I do, here's an update.

A little further on the Golden Wheat cardigan…


And I found some nice, plain buttons at my LYS.


Tour De Fleece continues apace.

Thomas's yak-merino is done and it's semi-worsted and should end up being a worsted/aran weight.

I'm not plying it yet because my niddy noddy is missing and I tried skeining the plied yarn using the yarn swift and it was a pain in my rear end! (Actually it was a pain in my lower back as I had to stand at a funny angle.)

I've started on Cynthia and Leah's merino.


I've stripped it down to about 6 pieces and it's spinning up nicely. I want the colours to be very mottled.


So there you go. Lots of spinning and knitting.

 I took some time off to go out to dinner with a friend last night and to watch the epic Prometheus. I like the director, Ridley Scott, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that Promethius was a composite of all the Science Fiction movies of the last few decades, there was Kubrick and Star Trek and Stargate and even Alien. Still, the special effects were fabulous and I thought Charlize Theron was excellent. All is forgiven for Aeon Flux…

ETA - One gobbledygook explanation corrected and one autocorrect that was missed. I am, as always, humbled and saddened by my incorrect spelling...


4 comments:

LaurieM said...

I'm curious. Why do you need a niddy noddy for plying?

Sweater is looking good.

Stripeyspots said...

It's not so much the plying I need the niddy noddy for as what I need to do with the yarn once it's plied...

SJ said...

Niddy noddy missing? Are there fiber gnomes at work? ;-)

Looks like the fiber spun/is spinning up beautifully.

garret said...

As someone who's life was only recently enriched by a niddy noddy, I can tell you that the back of a chair works well.