Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's important to keep one's chin up.

And in that spirit I am going to try and deal with this horrid week by posting about and thinking about pretty things.

A while ago I mentioned that I was spinning this.  Not the sweater but the Lorna's Laces Merino. But spinning merino is not my favourite and there was a lot of the stuff and by the time I had filled one bobbin, I was kinda sorta sick of it. So I hid it away. But I knew it was there. And every time I spun something else I felt like I was cheating on it. (This is probably how bigamists feel.)

So the other day when my new Lendrum DT spinning wheel arrived (I'm sorry, did I not mention that I bought a folding traveling wheel?) I used this bobbin as a single to try out on my new wheel.
I navajo plied it and I'm going to let you into a secret.
 I love it!
 I mean I love the yarn but the wheel is pretty fabulous as well.


It's such pretty yarn! I'm amazed at how much I like it considering I've avoided it for months.
 I'm thinking about spinning the rest and then making one of my beloved Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I've wanted to make that for some time now in something with stripes. And I adore everything EZ...

And if we're going to talk fibre then let me show you a couple of braids of corriedale wool that I bought the other day. The company is Woolen Mill Street Yarns and I've bought from her before. Never been displeased either.

This is the Dr Who Inspired Fish Sticks and Custard.


And this is the Dr Who Inspired "Stetsons are Cool"


And last but not least (yes I know I said a couple but this one sneaked in there) the oh-so-girly
Sophie's Choice "The Tooth Fairy"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So, you are now a two wheel spinner?! It's only a matter of time before you start looking into a small herd of alpaca for the backyard!